There are many reasons you should use a Real Estate Professional, and here at The Fincher Coffin Group, we have the definitive list! Although selling through ‘For Sale By Owner’ has the perception that you will avoid extra costs and be able to do it all on your own, there are many downfalls that can lead to the sale falling through. In fact, the house may not sell for the amount that you originally wanted if you try to do it all on your own.
Here are our top 4 reasons you should use a Real Estate Professional:
1. Years of Experience
With over 20 years of combined experience The Fincher Coffin Group can make the process much easier and can assist you whether you are buying or selling a home. We have completed over 450 home sales with a sales volume of over 100 million dollars. This expert knowledge is something only learned while assisting in buying and selling hundreds of homes. We are dedicated professionals who take continuing education do constant research to receive access to information that home buying and selling websites won’t have.
2. You Will Get More Money for Your Home
Using The Fincher Coffin group with their expert knowledge will help you get more money for your home. Here are statistics from the 2015 National Association of Realtors :
• FSBOs accounted for 8% of home sales in 2014. The typical FSBO home sold for $210,000 compared to $249,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
• FSBO methods used to market home:
• Yard sign: 42%
• Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 32%
• Online classified advertisements: 14%
• Open house: 14%
• For-sale-by-owner websites: 15%
• Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 15%
• Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website: 10%
• Print newspaper advertisement: 3%
• Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 3%
• Video: 2%
• Other: 1%
• None: Did not actively market home: 25%
• Most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers:
• Understanding and performing paperwork: 12%
• Getting the right price: 6%
• Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 6%
• Selling within the planned length of time: 18%
• Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 6%
As you can see, agent-assisted home sales were sold for $39,000 more on average. Only a small amount of that money will be going to the Listing Agent and Buyer’s Agent. Overall, the return will be significantly higher than it would be without using an agent.
3. Most For Sale By Owner Homes Fail
Selling a home with little to no knowledge is a difficult task for even the most intelligent individual. Most FSBO homes fail for a variety of reasons and having a realtor to help you can be the deciding factor in selling your home for thousands of dollars more. According to the National Association of Realtors, FSBOs accounted for only 8% of home sales in 2014. Whether it be not being able to put your home out there for enough people to see, or being confused with the entire process, homeowners selling their homes on their own sometimes do not have the tools to sell their home.
4. Overall Support
The Fincher Coffin group will be there to help you make the difficult decisions. They will be there for your emotional breakdowns and stop you from making an impulse decision. A common mistake that is made with homebuyers is buying a home just because they are tired of the process and want to be done. We will also be there to help you understand the process and avoid unwanted fees. The real estate process can be tricky and having someone who knows the ins and outs of the process will help you buy or sell your home quickly and affordably.
Overall, buying and selling homes with a Real Estate Professional is the best option and there are solid facts to prove it. To buy or sell your home efficiently and affordably, having an agent with the expertise and knowledge from The Fincher-Coffin Group will be the difference in making the most of your purchase or sale. More importantly, they will make the experience much more manageable and enjoyable.
Contact Rick Coffin or Cathy Fincher today to review listing your Auburn Opelika area home.